Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Goodby PASS

In the past I have had the opportunity to speak a several SQL Saturday events. I had hoped to submit a presentation for the PASS Summit. I was scheduled to speak at a SQL Saturday event in Madison, WI then the pandemic hit, and everything got cancelled. We are still working to recover from the global impact of the virus so in person events will not be happening for some time to come. I just hope that once this is all over some organization will rise as a successor to PASS and events like SQL Saturday will flourish again.

It took me too long to post my top replication tips presentation as a blog post. It has also taken me too long to get my encryption presentation posted as a blog post. I hope to fix that soon. I will also work to post my final SQL Saturday post on SQL Agent as a blog post soon. Once those are posted I will endeavor to work on taking the ideas I had for future SQL Saturday events and make them blog posts. Of course, working as a DBA for a corporation rather than as a consultant does cut into the time I have during the day to write...so hopefully "soon" doesn't turn into months.

No comments:

Post a Comment